Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of men's health, because the potential directly depends on it. To prevent inflammatory processes in the prostate gland, certain rules must be followed. First of all, it is desirable to make changes in your lifestyle: improve nutrition, monitor your condition, practice therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is in the process of recovery, then preventive measures include the use of medicines and medicinal products rather than traditional medicine.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures aimed at eliminating or preventing prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- primers are carried out to prevent disease progression;
- secondary prevention is necessary for patients who have had prostatitis to prevent recurrence of the disease or its progression to become chronic.
Prevention includes a variety of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve quality of life. To prevent this disease, men should follow some important rules:
- Nutritious food. Dietary review is one of the main things in the period of prevention of many diseases. Avoid fatty and spicy foods. When used acutely, the prostate mucosa becomes irritated, and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, which greatly affects the blood supply to the prostate gland, creating favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- To reject bad habits. Smoking and alcohol are strictly prohibited during preventative measures. Cigarette smoke leads to intoxication of the body, affects metabolic processes in the body, and ethyl alcohol loads the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. It is observed that alcohol in 40% of cases is the main cause of prostatitis. In addition, alcohol abuse negatively affects the entire male genitourinary system, often violating potency.
- See a doctor on time. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of the development of prostatitis. In addition, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Do not self -medicate with STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Often inflammation of the prostate gland is the result of prolonged stay in the cold.
- Exercise. It is important to keep the body in good condition. It is recommended to devote at least 20-30 minutes to sports every day, especially if a man’s professional activities are associated with an inactive lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is stagnation of blood flow in the prostate gland.
- Take medication. If a problem with potency is identified, a man should start taking medications prescribed by a doctor. Drug therapy is one of the most important methods of dealing with prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has many effective remedies.
A special feature of physical exercise in the prevention of prostatitis is the training of muscle groups around the anus. To determine which muscles need to be strengthened, you can slow the flow of urine while urinating, count to three and relax. Then in the same way it is recommended to act without urinating.
Such physical exercises in the first week should be done in 5 sets of 10 contractions per day. From the second week, the training intensity is recommended to be increased to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can do other exercises in a standing position:
- Lean with one foot on the floor, and with the other foot, do a wide swing forward and backward 80 times. Then change legs.
- Jump in place 100 times.
- Stretch your legs shoulder-width apart and tilt 15 times in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also performed in the supine position:
- Pull the legs to the abdomen in turns, then stretch them to the maximum width.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold the breath for 5 seconds, then take a sitting position, stretch your legs in front of you and reach with your fingertips.
- Lift your legs, lie on your back, to a position perpendicular to the floor, then proceed to the "bike" exercise.
- Lie on your stomach on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, leaning on your hands.
This exercise will improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. In addition, it is useful to take a contrast bath - stand alternately under cold (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds) water. It is recommended before bedtime.
Stimulation of prostate gland healing
As a preventative measure, it is recommended to do prostate stimulation. At home, you can significantly reduce the condition with the help of special massages that restore the normal function of the male genitalia.
This sequence helps:
- increases blood flow, thereby nourishing the glands with oxygen and other useful substances;
- an increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erections;
- increases the tone of the groin muscles, which causes normal urination to be restored.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, then he should run 2-4 sessions a week. When performing health procedures as a preventative measure, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, then the frequency of the procedure per week can be increased to 2-3.
Experts identify some basic methods for performing prostate massage:
- Manual order. Prostatitis is affected by the fingers. This method is used to a greater extent for preventive purposes in chronic forms of the disease.
- The indirect technique is based on squeezing and opening the anal muscles. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Massage the rectum through the anus. It is carried out using a special vacuum pump.
- Enema merebus chamomile officinalis. Massage with a stream of water must be done for a short time, holding it inside you.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in clinical settings, because. to perform it, you need a special device that affects the urethra.
When doing a massage, you must be careful not to aggravate the condition by damaging the anal mucosa. Therapeutic and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- stones in the prostate;
- tumors of different etiology;
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is recommended to undergo a thorough examination to determine the feasibility of a health session.
In order not to get sick with prostatitis, you must follow a proper diet. It is recommended to eat steamed or boiled dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, the daily caloric content of food should be reduced. At the same time, it is necessary to increase fluid intake during the day. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase urine output, which will remove pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis from the body.
Men are advised to consume about 3000 kcal per day. This amount of energy should consist of:
- 100 g protein;
- 400 g carbohydrate;
- 70 g of fat (vegetable origin).
Also, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is advisable to add the following products to the diet:
- lean beef, chicken and fish;
- soybeans, legumes;
- dairy product;
This product contains a large number of useful microelements and vitamins necessary for the health of the male body.
Usually, for the prevention of prostatitis, specialists prescribe preparations containing herbal ingredients or extracts from the prostate gland of a bull. They are effective stimulants of the human prostate gland, increase the production of secretions and eliminate the process of stagnation.
As a rule, urologists prescribe drugs in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in the pelvic organs, which help eliminate inflammation of the prostate gland.
In addition, for the treatment and prevention of prostate, it is important to take adequate amounts of vitamins, which improve health and reduce the risk of cancer in the long run. Men are recommended to drink a complex rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K - helps reduce the risk of neoplasms in the prostate.
An alternative method is the use of supplements, which can be purchased at a pharmacy.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements for men’s health. It is involved in testosterone synthesis, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality, and also has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis, you can use not only modern medicine effectively, but also traditional methods of medicine:
- Oatmeal stew. Prepared from 2 tbsp. l. unpeeled oats and 700 ml of water. The drink is boiled for 30 minutes or so until the beans are tender. Then the decoction is left to infuse for several hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and eaten 100-150 ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on testosterone production. They can be eaten in its pure form, at least 100 g per day, or it can be made into a mixture of drugs. To do this, a glass of nuts is passed through a meat grinder with one whole lemon and added to the mass of 1 tbsp. l. Dear. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour, after which it can be eaten 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. l. Also, nuts that go through a meat grinder can be diluted with 1 tbsp. l. sunflower oil. The drug in this form is recommended to be taken on an empty stomach in the morning, while its effectiveness increases if it is washed down with warm cow's milk.
- Ivan's tea is an excellent remedy for the prevention of prostatitis. To mix it, 2 teaspoons is enough. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. Tea should be drunk warm, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent help with the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. They can be eaten pure and dried. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds with honey in equal proportions. You need to eat at least 1 tbsp. l. seed.
- Decoction of birch leaves provides anti-inflammatory effect, and also prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the prostate gland. To cook: 1 tbsp. l. the raw material is poured with 1 cup of boiling water, after which it is infused for several hours. It is recommended to take the decoction in small portions.
- Sbiten honey is a good remedy for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It helps improve blood circulation in the pelvis, potency and relieves the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Take 1 tbsp. l. before bedtime on an empty stomach, spread in a glass of warm water.
Methods from traditional medicine are effective, but can trigger allergic reactions and exacerbate chronic diseases. Before using it, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
To maintain men's health, it is necessary to follow preventive measures. Timely treatment will help prevent the consequences of the disease.